The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned, and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR regulations. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter programme the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process, or whereby you, the consumer, have previously purchased from, or enquired about purchasing from the company, a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Purchasing, collecting, controlling and processing data
- This website requires the visitor to opt-in to receive future information from us
- We will specify the method of communication to the user via the opt in process
- We do not pass information on to third party companies
- A record is held regarding how consent is acquired
- All purchased data is acquired from an accredited or professionally recognised compliant data owner/broker.
- The processing of data for marketing purposes is compliant to the latest GDPR/PECR regulations
- All data is held within a cloud-based encrypted location. This includes a compliant CRM and/or Email Marketing system. No data is held on local drives or individual computers
- We delete any irrelevant or excessive personal data that is surplus to requirements for marketing purposes
- All ‘prospect’ data we hold, is only used for marketing purposes
- We have simple procedures in place to deal with inaccuracies and complaints should they arise
- When using data to market by email and post, the information provided includes our contact details
- For a fee, we can provide information on where or how we obtained an individual’s piece of data
- A copy of our latest privacy notice is available on our website and can be presented on request
- This website requires the visitor to opt-in to receive future information from us
Legitimate interest – the use of data for marketing communications
We hold, process or use data for marketing purposes, and only where we believe the recipient has a legitimate interest in the products and services we provide.
Our role as data processors for client marketing purposes
- All data we source, is sourced from legitimate professional data owners, either direct with the data owner or through a recognised data broker. Contractually it is the responsibility of the client who enters into the data contract that they carry out their own due diligence process making sure any data purchased has been collected in a compliant manner to align with current GDPR regulations. All professional data owners/brokers will be able to provide evidence of this
- Client data that is supplied to us – it is the responsibility of the client to make sure the data has been collected in the correct manner under current regulations, and to meet with current GDPR legislation for data acquisition
- All data supplied to us will be used on professional third-party cloud/internet-based marketing platforms for the sole use of marketing the client’s business who has supplied us that data
- Allocated marketing platforms will vary, and choice is dependent on the best resource for marketing at the time of supplying the data. We will at all times inform the client of the platforms we are using to process data for marketing purposes and continue to inform our clients should there be any changes to the choice of platform being used throughout the duration of the contract with us.
- Once the data has been uploaded to the chosen platform, all copies we hold elsewhere are deleted
- At times, clients may request a copy of the database we hold for them. This will be supplied through a secure transmission process
- If we believe the data we hold for clients has become surplus to requirements, out of date, or ineffective, we will inform the client of this, and suggest replacing the data. If the data is replaced, the original data will be deleted. However, this data can be supplied back to the client via a secure method. No copies of this data will be held on our own systems.
- Data that is used for the process of email marketing will be used on a platform that allows for recipients to unsubscribe and protect their right to be forgotten. We strongly advise our clients to cross reference any individual recipients rights to be forgotten with any duplicate copy/s of their database they may hold.
- As part of our service we maintain and build websites. This means we are potentially viewing personal data that has been generated on the website by a third party visitor. This data is of no consequence to us in our build and maintenance work, and therefore we have no reason to use this data other than reviewing for marketing/technical reasons. No copies of the data are taken, removed or downloaded from the websites we maintain. All potentially sensitive information that may be stored on a clients website, is protected via an incrypted login facility (standard practice on the websites we build). This enables access to either the content management section or FTP and database section of the website. For us to maintain websites we hold the necessary login information on our Passwords sheet which is stored within ‘Smartsheet’ a Google encrypted application within the cloud. Access is only granted to this information for those who need to maintain our clients websites.
- As part of our service we maintain our clients social media presence across all known and appropriate social media platforms. This service means we sometimes collect data through various messaging systems associated with social media platforms on behalf of our clients. The personal data that is collected and processed by us for the client to utilise in any communications. We do not pass, download or share any personal information to an outside source or third party. The data or information is only shared with the particular client the communication is pointed to. We do not hold this information on our networks or servers, and it is purely shared with client through conventional methods of communication, retaining all information within the social media platform for the client to view, of which they have access to do so. Any information that is shared on social media channels and directed towards a particular client is purely processed by us in the form of a reminder to the client that they have communications they may wish to answer
- Other than processing data for our clients, we do not hold any personal data within social media channels. If we are placing advertising campaigns, this is purely targeted towards a demographic profile of a potential user who would have a legitimate interest in the information being shared by us on behalf of our clients. No personal data is collected or acquired by us other than information that is directed via various forms of messenger services provided by the social media platform (see previous point on how we deal with this form of communication)
- On occasions we may recommend or be asked by our clients to create a custom audience utilising the data they securely hold for people who would have a legitimate interest in their business. This data is uploaded to the social media platforms advertising portals to cross reference against existing users. At this point, the social platform acts as the data processor. Once this action as been completed, the database utilised for creating custom audiences is deleted from our systems, and that data isn’t shared with any third party organisation other than the social media platform to create that custom audience.
This website operates an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and GDPR regulations. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the subsequent EU GDPR regulations introduced in May 2018. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter programme. A fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and latest GDPR regulations, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will be detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
GDPR Regulations and Guidance
Edited & customised by: Elan Marketing, Beaver House, Plough Road Business Centre, Great Bentley, Colchester, Essex, CO7 8LG